Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Well...

I took a little break (maybe needless to say).

I'm back at it as of yesterday. I took our dog Poncho (he's a german shepherd mixed with something) for my run yesterday morning. I expected to run about a mile or so. Some back story on Poncho is that about a year ago (February 09) Poncho was hit by a truck on the highway. He shattered his leg and it took at least 6 months to heal. He seems to still experience a lot of pain especially when its cold. So I took him for my run and where we live now its easier to run on the road because the beach is kind of rocky. The first car that passed us Poncho laid on his back and became a very heavy anchor. Me being the stubborn and firm dog owner that I am drug him through the sand instead of letting him stop me. The next car that drove by (mind you these cars are doing 20 mph tops) Poncho lays on his back again but this time proceeds to pee all over himself (and a little dribble on my right foot).

Thats my excuse for only going a half mile. I had to turn around and take Poncho home because he is terrified of cars.

This morning Brittany ran with me and I think we did a little less than a mile. It actually felt good to get back on the horse if you will. Hopefully this renewed feeling lasts longer than two weeks this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment