Monday, January 25, 2010

Running

It's been a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been running. For the last week I've ran at least once every other day. Last night I read a blog post about running. It didn't come right out and say it but I got the idea from it none the less; don't focus on distance. By focusing on distance I'm comparing myself to marathon runners (which I never hope to be).

When I compare myself like that my meager one mile is pitiful.

Because of the advice from Brittany's mom (a marathon runner) and the above post we counted time. We ran for three minutes and walked for one. Last week we did five 3-minute sections, this week our goal was six. Today we ran for 3 minutes six times which is 18 minutes of running, 24 minutes of activity.

It wasn't bad and when I went back and measured it, we actually ran for two miles. Pretty good considering one mile has about killed me for the last two weeks.

Anyway, if you are a beginner, don't focus on the distance but on the time you are running.


No comments:

Post a Comment