Friday, April 16, 2010

Don't ever stop

I stopped running for a little over a week (9 days). I wasn't feeling great and I had pretty bad allergies and I was in Phoenix so I wanted a little break.

I "got back on the horse" two days ago and ran for 20 minutes. It was almost impossible. My heart felt like it was exploding and my knees felt like they were made of whatever those little sticks are people rub together to make fire. It was uncomfortable.

Today I ran for 30 minutes, it didn't get easier. So if you want to start running or biking or probably any real exercise... don't ever stop.

I think tomorrow I'm going to try my bike instead of running just to mix things up. I always like riding my bike better anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Ug, I haven't ridden my bike for 8 days (i warped a chainring when I was torquing it too much going up a hill and tried to shift at the same time). I got my new part in the mail the other day & bought the tool I need to install it yesterday. I am dreading getting back on and the pain that will ensue shortly thereafter. But i have to do it, or it will just get worst. I guess I'm just saying I hear ya. blech.

    ReplyDelete