Wednesday, November 25, 2009

First True Mile


I ran my first full true mile today. Actually, it was 1.23 miles according to my GPS.

This is significant for a few reasons.

It is probably the first time in my life I've run a mile. In school we were supposed to but I usually made excuses or cheated so I never really did it.

I never thought I could. I always thought inside my brain that some people have it and some people don't. Today marks the day when I can really say, everyone has it. Everyone has everything they need. You have the resources you need to push through whatever it is. You have what it takes to accomplish everything you want to. I had it in me, I just told myself I didn't. I couldn't. You can do the impossible.

Sounds like good motivation to start running to me.

2 comments:

  1. Running sucks, so nice going! You are the best person.

    Question: how come your blog is called "what runs you" but your URL is whatrunsme? wondering if it is some sort of word-play that i'm too dense to pick up on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have it in your mind that you can't run a mile becasue your mom has told you that since you were born. Good job for not listening and making your own decisions, I am very proud of you:) Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete