Monday, March 1, 2010

Book

For Christmas my sister-in-law bought me a book about running by one of my favorite novelists. It was a great book and while I don't ever want to be the kind of runner he is I think that it relates a lot to why I started running and why I keep running.

I don't think I'm a "runner." Two miles is still my limit. I can't imagine my limit ever being more than 5 miles, thats actually my goal now. To be able to run 5 miles a couple times a week consistently.

Anyway, I think there are two types of people. Process people and results person. I'm a results person, so thats what matters first. Once I feel like I understand/have a handle on the results I do like to look at process. This book is all process. It's all about why Haruki Murakami runs and why its important and how it matters and a bunch of other things you didn't even know you wanted to know until you knew it (kind of like reading blogs).

Its a good book worth checking out if you are a runner or not but especially if you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment